Compliance

EU compliance required text: "This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services and to analyze traffic. Your IP address and user-agent are shared with Google along with performance and security metrics to ensure quality of service, generate usage statistics, and to detect and address abuse." Visiting this site implies consent with EU cookie laws.

Decade!

A gorgeous flower that bloomed at the edge of a gravel driveway on Skólvörðurstígur

Happy birthday to Iceland Eyes! 

Not only is this my 696th post, Iceland Eyes is now starting its 10th year of existence! As a matter of fact I just realized that my first-ever post was on August 8th, 2004, exactly a decade ago today! 



Once again I need to thank you all for cheering me on these years. If you've been following along, you'll know how much has changed in that time, both personally and blog-wise. And I would have given up many times if I hadn't gotten the encouragement you've given so readily, so


þúsund þakkir, kæri vinir !

6 comments:

Jono said...

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! I feel like I should get you a gift.
The new font is nice and gives a fresh look, but that was never the reason I came here.

spoorsnyer said...

Veelsgeluk!

I enjoy your visual accounts of Iceland and your travels. Please do not stop. Your blog has been inspirational in starting to write about my own camping, life and philosophy.

Alle Voorspoed.

Professor Batty said...

Oh Maria! Iceland's sun! Thanks for putting up this window to Iceland which is always open, as well as your thrilling literary "adventures" which have inspired my own efforts.

I like the new look, very clean and uncluttered: Iceland Eyes - cool and crisp!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Maria, it is so incredible! I admire those of you who are able to do just that: maintain a blog alive and vibrant for... wow, ten years... You know who is to be "blamed" for the success, don't you...

And: thanks so much for another thing: for giving us such a marvelous birthday gift to all of us in the form of a fresh and colorful flower!!! There is something special in the air when the birthday-er GIVES the present to the rest of people. You are to be blamed too for this!!

Viszlát Sjáumst said...

Til hamingju með afmælið, Iceland Eyes!

This is such a great milestone. Congratulations Maria! And, if I can be a bit selfish, quite good news for me, too... I still remember how bummed out I was during the brief hiatus that shall not be named a while back.

I can't claim to go aaaaall the way back but I do think I can safely consider my self an "old-timer" (and not just as a reader of this site). ;)

That said, I'm not sure how keen I am with the new font. It gives me a sort of 1920's ragtime era feel which I don't think fits with the content. My personal preference tends to steer away from thin, thin fonts like this in general, too.

But you can use whatever font you like - as long as we get to enjoy the content for another 10 years.

-Ed Sweeney

p.s. the flower pic is gorgeous!

Iceland Eyes said...

Thank you all for your kind words! I've got another post in the works, and I'll take the next few days to consider the font issue. I guess the overall message though is that the header matters less than the content, so I'll keep my focus on that : )

P.s. a new post is on its way!